Pages

Thursday 5 April 2018

Trees - Thematic Photography

There are some village trees you become attached to, like these sycamores which stand next door to our front garden.



These beech trees has just been trimmed with the Council's approval. You are not allowed to 'butcher' them.


They are right next to the footpath and from the size of their girth they must have stood there for at least 200 years.

Further up the road is the nearest walnut tree to our bungalow - 400 plus yards away.


I wonder every year if this is where the squirrels get the nuts I keep finding, buried in our back lawn.

As you will have seen it's too early yet for any of these to be in leaf.

However with the horse chestnut in the local wood there are the first signs of things to come.


In the woods themselves there are different signs of life in the trees.

A tree trunk with its roots ripped out of the ground
But check out all the young trees and saplings that surround it, promising to more than fill the gap that it has left.

Elsewhere in the wood there is little left of what was once a tree.


Back home I find the sycamores' revenge in the gravel of our pull-in.


Last year I had to weed out nearly 2000 of the damned things!

Guess I'll need a rest before I get down to that. Just one set of trees to move first.


For the 'inspiration' behind this post just visit Carmi at Thematic-photographic-418-trees.

3 comments:

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

I love trees.

But maybe not shoe trees.

Anonymous said...

Until recently I lived in a village called Five Ashes. In the centre of the green stood...four ash trees! One disappeared in the hurricane in the 70's and was never replaced.

My Friend Rosey - E is for Employment

Gilly said...

That walnut tree is a really interesting shape, You don't see many of those, these days! and sycamores are beautiful, but I do hate their leaves when they drop. They don't seem very inclined to rot! I do agree about those seedlings, though. I keep finding small sycamores growing up where I missed them the year before, and they have very long roots!