Pages

Tuesday 3 March 2015

Drink - Thematic Photography

This is a theme that enables me to get on my hobby horse.

Empty drink can
Evidently the litter lout was strong enough to carry the cider can until it was empty but not strong enough to carry it home.

Often I can trace the drinks litter back to where it was bought
like this empty - 

Coffee cup
which originated when full at this machine.


Birds and animals have different habits when it comes to drinks.

Fawn at a Michigan lake.
Wood Pigeon at our garden birdbath
I took pity on it and filled the bath with more water so the bird did not have to stretch its neck so far the next time it wanted a drink.

Scout telling us his cup is empty
Which reminds me that it's almost time for my afternoon drink of - 

Yorkshire tea
This scarecrow from the 2014 Kirklevington competition invited others to take part. Some even got offered a second cup.


While I'm drinking mine I'll check out what other drinks are on offer at Carmi's thematic-photographic-327.

6 comments:

21 Wits said...

Scout is so precious! I noticed leaving the house this morning, that along the road (speed is 55 miles per hour)in front of our house and I have a bunch of discarded (tossed out of windows) drink cups and cans waiting to be picked up along our property.

Gilly said...

Great themes for the drinks challenge! I agree with you about the litter - its a total eyesore in some places.
Scout is a very clever dog!

DougPhoto2009 said...

Smart dog. Thanks for sharing.

Alexia said...

This was a really interesting take on the theme - of course, the non-human animals came up trumps!

SeaThreePeeO said...

Litter really bothers me. I've noticed there seems to be more and more of it about and it also seem to be younger people (I say younger, I'm only 35)that do it. Once whilst walking my daughter home from school another child in front of us finished a drink and simply tossed it on the ground. I picked it up and chased their mother down and handed it back to them.

Fantastic pictures, I love the deer and the pigeon. We get a lot of wood pigeons at our bird bath, the sit there and wait for me to top it up too.

Fantastic scarecrow pictures too.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Fawn is a great pic, Bob.

Love your doggy, too!
~