Pages

Wednesday 18 September 2013

Strangers in our midst - Thematic Photography

On a day trip to Whitby in Yorkshire, North East England you are bound to meet many people who are strangers to you.

Strangers on the beach at Whitby
For pier aficionados there are hundreds at one time.

Strangers on the pier
Should you climb the 199 steps to see Whitby Abbey of Dracula fame you will find other strangers following you.

Strangers on the way up.
And if you look closely in the background you can see more on their way along the pier.

At the Abbey entrance we can only see a stranger's legs and two legs on

A patient Saint Bernard
To get acquainted with other strangers you need to cross over to Carmi at Thematic-photographic-261.



9 comments:

L. D. said...

It was a great sunny day that you took these shots. You would have thought that you might have run into at least one person that you would know.

Michèle et Jean-Claude said...

Wonderful photos Bob, makes me want to visit that part of England!

By the way we met the couple in the misty photo on my blog a few days later. They were very nice and their story was sad. He had early onset alzheimers and this pilgrimage had been a retirement project but they were doing it then because he would no longer be able to do it later.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

That's a huge beach, Bob! (Nice cliffs in the background, too.)
~

smalltownme said...

What a glorious day for those strangers to visit.

Max Sartin said...

Beautiful pictures, just looking at them is relaxing.

DougVernX said...

Great photos Bob. The Saint Bernard looks very content! :)

Alexia said...

What a lovely place! Great shots, Bob. I would love to walk along that beach on a lovely day like this.

ScotSue said...

Wonderful photographs of Whitby that reminded me of holidays on the North Yorks Moors. You were certainly lucky with the weather.

carmilevy said...

Such a beautiful place to be, Bob. I'm struck by your words, as I often find myself someplace far away, surrounded by complete strangers who, like me, have come here to explore and experience.

Then it hits me: we're all here for a similar reason. Which, as I think of it more, makes us a little more familiar with each other.

Hmmm...

Thanks for the opportunity to ponder. I'll be thinking of you the next time I hit up one of our region's public spaces!