Pages

Saturday 11 June 2011

Michigan Wildlife

It's only the second day of our visit to my daughter's home in Michigan and already I've had my camera out. However with four boisterous dogs to contend with photographing birds has proved impossible. I did succeed with this butterfly though, if  I only knew what it was.



I had no problem identifying these birds on Oxford Hills golf course today, even if the photo is from last year.

Sand Cranes
My next task is to gets some pictures of the 'hundreds' of dragonflies round the lake in the grounds - watch this space.

Can anyone identify the butterfly? Just leave a comment please.

6 comments:

Doug said...

These are great Bob, keep them coming! Looks very like an Eastern Tailed Blue, but the orange spots would usually be near the tail, not that I'm an expert

shelly said...

Don't know, but it's a beautiful picture.

Rosalind Adam said...

Don't know its name but its beautiful. We could be just as happy with 'dogs chasing off birds' pictures. Have a lovely time in Michigan.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I don't know either, I'm just envying you being in Michigan. :)

Little Nell said...

Oh yes do please get some dragonfly pics Bob. Did you see my ‘Dragonfkies Draw Flame’ post last month? I just love them. We have a niece in Ypsilanti and I hear the weather has been a bit disappointing lately. I hope you have lots of sunshine and enjoy being with your family.

Bob Scotney said...

The butterfly is Limenitis Arthemis butI prefer the common name of Red Spotted Purple.